The installation process for software depends on your operating system and a specific program you are installing. We at Faith Computer Care are delighted to service you high-performing software program with an affordable budget. Also, we are glad to share some basic insights about how the software can be installed on your devices.
- Understand your laptop very well, Make sure your computer meets the system requirements of the program, utility or game you are attempting to install.
- When installing a game or a utility, It is always better to close or disable any other programs running on different tabs.
- After completing the installation, your system prompts you to reboot the system. Go for it.
Before we abandon you to your new, exciting installed software program, we’ll make sure you know how to use it. Don’t worry.
How to install from a CD or DVD
Autorun from CD or DVD
As seen, many software programs, utilities, or games holds an autoplay feature. When the CD or DVD is inserted, this features automatically starts a setup screen for the software program. Following are the steps to guide you when it appears after inserting the disc into the computer.
- No Autorun Feature
- Visit > My Computer
- Open the drive that contains the installation files.
- Within the drive that contains your files, locate their either the executable setup or install file.Double clicking on the file will start the installation process. If you see multiple setup or install files, try to locate an executable file or double-click each of the setup or install files until you find the file that starts the installation.
Install a CD on a Computer with no Disc Drive
If you are looking forward to install the software from an Internet, as your laptop is lack of providing a disc drive, computer drivers, software for hardware devices, and some games and other programs are available for downloaded can be installed from a download. If the program is not available for download copy the contents all of the CD or DVD to another drive on another computer.
How to install from a USB flash drive
- Open Windows Explorer or My Computer and find the USB drive.
- Once the drive is opened find the setup or executable file, double click the file icon to start the setup process.
Installing from the Windows Command Line
While installing a program from Microsoft DOS, user should have a basic understanding of MS-DOS commands.
- Before installing a program installing in MS-DOS, the user must switch to the drive or directory that contains the installation files. If you are installing a program from a CD or diskette, switch to the drive. If the installation files are shifted to different directory, use the DIR command to list the directories and the CD command to switch to the appropriate directory.
- Once you are in the directory or drive that contains the installation files, run the executable for setup. Many times this can be done by typing setup or install at the prompt to start the installation. If both of these commands give a bad command or file name error message, type dir *.exe or dir *.com or dir *.bat.
These commands list any executable files found in the directory or drive. If any files are listed, execute these files to run the installation or setup of the program. If no files are listed when typing all three of the above commands, you are in the incorrect directory or drive letter for that program.
If you are still confused with installing software’s on your PC, we at Faith Computer Care holds an expert team of engineers who are skilled enough to get the installation done with a fine touch of excellence.